Friday, August 20, 2010

Okay, so you know how everyone always jokes about the library being haunted? Well, I think it is.

I know the library would never want to actually admit that this sort of thing is going on, so I started this blog to “spread the word”. I have to keep my identity anonymous so I don’t get in trouble at work. You can just think of me like your paranormal Library Gossip Girl (You Know You Love Me!)

So here’s the sitch: I work at the main library (but no way am I telling you what floor or department I work in) and I always rolled my eyes at the “library haunting” rumors. In fact, a couple of months ago we had a self proclaimed ghost hunter come to the library and tell us he felt the presence of the ghost of Carl T. Jones. Yeah, right. Who is Carl Jones and what is he doing at the library? Please.

Then I started noticing some weird stuff a couple of months back. At night I’d clean up my department. But the next morning there would be books out on the tables. Things would go missing overnight. At the time I just thought it was the cleaning crew or something. Then I started noticing the weird stuff. Books checked out and checked back in at weird times during the night (like 1:14 am). During the day there are weird noises in some of the back halls. I swear I see things out of the corner of my eye, and yes I know I sound spastic when I say this, but sometimes I feel someone watching me.

So anyways, judge for yourself. I’ll be posting what I consider to be “evidence” of this weird stuff. You can tell me what you think.



~ A.L.


__________________________________________________________________

Danse Immortelle: A Masquerade Ball
Friday, October 29, 2010 @ 8pm
Huntsville Public Library
Tickets: $10 in advance, $20 at the door
Tickets available after October 4 at any library location
__________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment